There are too much upcoming, under construction and completed project in Pakistan, that it is difficult to summaries all here in this short discussion on the construction projects in Pakistan.
If you are in search of finding the effective information of the top construction projects in Pakistan, but stuck at some point and are getting confused from where to read, no need to worry and don’t be stress you’re at the right place. Here in this article you will get information about ongoing top construction projects in Pakistan.
Top Construction Projects in Pakistan Step by Step
Take a look acknowledge yourself about the top construction projects in our country Pakistan.
- Nuclear Power Project
- Swat Motorway Construction
- Green Line Project
- CPEC Construction
- Karot Hydro Power
- Khanna – Sohan Interchange
- Hydel Power Projects
- Roads Improvement Project
- Power Distribution Enhancement
The Chashma nuclear power is run into full operation and production under the construction company of China. The first stage of this project is completed by China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), the second stage is said to be completed in 2011. Third and fourth stage of KNC-II Chashma Project is in the final stage. This chashma nuclear project is based on the third-generation nuclear reactor which is called the Hualong One. It is stated the Chashma project is to be completed in 2020. Main information of the project:
- Location of the project is Kundian, NW region of Punjab Province; approximately 200km SW of Islamabad
- An investment of $6.5 is required for the completion of this nuclear project, and the china frim is agree to invest this budget.
- The other name of this project is KNC-III Kundian Project
- The land size required for this nuclear project is roundabout 300km² facility with numerous buildings.
- One of the phases of this project which is expected to be completed in the mid of 2020 is the reactor building programme which enables the domestic nuclear power to generate at a rate of 58 gigawatts (GW) capacity.
A meeting is a conducted at the ceremony of PHA (Pakhtunkhwa Highways Authority) and FWO (Frontier Works Organisation) in chief minister house for the swat motorway construction and the chief minister Pervez Khattak sign the agreement of starting this motor way construction project. The final approval of the project is finalised by the director of FWO general Maj-Gen Muhammad Afzal. Main characteristics of this project are given below:
- The total budget required for the infrastructure of this project is in between RS: 40 to 45 billion.
- For full-filling, the land requirements total budget is RS: 5 to 7 billion.
- Provincial government is responsible for paying for all the expenses
- This project is completed in two instalments process and is said that the first instalment if given to the FWO for starting the initial stage of the project
- The swat motorway construction process is also referred to as a flag-ship process
- Four drilling machine is required and the machine is deploy by the FWO
- Two tunnels are produced during the construction each of one kilometre in length
- The full motorway size expected to be 83 to 86 km
- The purpose of this project is to achieve more employment facilities, bringing prosperity to this pretty cool land and increases the rate of trade as well.
At the end of February 2016 this project is initiated by the prime minister and the name given to this project is Green Line ERT. The main purpose of Karachi green line bus is the creation of the country largest country metro area or metropolitan. Some of the information of this project is given below:
- The cost approves for this project by the federal government is about to RS: 24.6 billion
- It is expected by the prime minister to increase the length and budget for the project in future for its better design
- The green line bus road start from the Surjani town Karachi and covering the all the area and ongoing ways to the Saddar and mainly the central district business area.
- Federal government is responsible to pay for all the expenses of the Karachi green line project
- Ten schemes and development process of this project is design by the Central Development Working Party (CDWP) and approve the total cost would be RS: 91.6 billion.
- Five line would be created in this project i.e. the Green, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Red line and each of line has its own purpose.
National Highway Authority (NHA) has given most of the priority to the construction of Pakistan-China Economic Corridor (CPEC). At the NHA head office Islamabad, the chairman Shahid Ashraf Tarar said that our priority is given to hr project of CPEC and he was also given the whole briefing of what is the main and purpose of construction CPEC. He also mentioned the financial and performance criteria of this project in his meeting with specific personals of NHA construction department. Major points of the construction of Pakistan-China Economic Corridor (CPEC) is briefly described here:
- It would be expected by the NHA that this project will come to its completion stage in the coming two years i.e. at the end of 2018.
- The western cost of CPED will touch the Daira Ismail Khan, Gwadar, Burhan, Surab, Zhob, Hakla, Khunjerab and Quetta.
- The arrangement of funds for this project is the responsibilities of both the countries i.e. Pakistan and China.NHA will construct all its strategic requirements such as expressways, motorways and highways and other deliberate roads if required.
- The total estimated cost for this project is about to RS: 950 billion.
This is the first rocktail gravity dam in Pakistan. This dam is under construction and expected to be done in 2020. The benefits of this dam will mostly to the AJK and Punjab and somewhere to the Rawalpindi villages. I have collected some of the basic information of this project which I have mention below.
- The reservoir storage bandwidth of the karot HPP would be 5m m³ and the roughly cost estimation requirements is $2bn.
- It will increase the employment facilities to the local people. More 3500 hundred of employment opportunity are as a result.
- This project will be financed with 20% equity and 80% debt. The Chinese consortium lenders and the World Bank’s investment arm International Finance Corporation (IFC) are expected to provide the fund up to $100m through a loan.
- All the construction and engineering requirements is to arrange by the TGDC.
- CMEC will finalizes the entire procurement for the karot hydro power project
- The contractors involved in this project is the China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC) and Yangtze Three Gorges Technology and Economy Development Co (TGDC).
Basic information of the construction project of Khanna, Sohan Interchange is briefly describe here:
- It has been stated that the construction of Khanna, Sohan Interchange is started by Capital Development Authority (CDA) on the expressway of Islamabad.
- It is stated by the Capital Development Authority (CDA) that this project is completed at the end of 2017 or in the starting of 2018.
- The rough cost estimation allocated for this project is roundabout to RS: 2.05 billion as a part of Islamabad expressway signal free corridor.
According to the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), three to five projects of hydel power would be completed by 2016. The producing capacity of this hydel power projects is approximately 5,789 MW power. If the project runs successfully it will accomplish all the energy and power requirements of the country. Some of the basic information of all the hydel power projects is listed here:
- Diamer-Bashra Dam: This dam is considered as the lifeline for full-filling the national economic needs. This river Indus dam project will also meet all the needs of electricity and agricultural. Power generation, controlling the flood circumstances and water storage are the three main benefits of the Diamer-Bashra dam. This hydel power project has a rate of producing 4500 megawatts electricity and the water storage capacity is about to eight million acre-feet to meet the entire needs of irrigation and power.
- Golen Gol Hydro Power Project: This project is under construction and will be completed this December 2016 as per Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA). This dam is constructed in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) district the Chitral. The resulting power producing a capacity of Golen Gol hydropower will be 106 MW. This least-cost energy generation plan is executed in order to solve the electricity problem of the Chitral district as an emergency. This project is running by the WAPDA on the basis of priority harness the indigenous hydropower resources of the country to improve the ratio of hydel electricity in the National Grid, help reduces electricity tariff and provides relief to the consumers. The Golen Gol plant will produce 436 million units of electricity to the system.
- Neelum_Jhelum Hydro Electric Project: This project is in the final stage and dam is constructed over the river Neelum. Neelum-Jhelum plant will produce 5.15 billion units of electricity per year. The annual income from this project is about to RS: 30 billion, which is a rough estimation may be it is higher than this amount. This hydroelectric generated power project would be completed in the November 2016. It will meet all the growing energy needs of the country. The electricity production of Neelum-Jhelum hydropower plant is about to 969 MW.
- Duber Khwar Hydro Electric Project: This dam is allocated near the Khan Khwar River and the adjacent areas of Pattancot district Kohistan in Khyber PakhtunKhwa (KPK) province. This dam is located at a rate of 270 KM from Islamabad. 130 MW power will be produced by the Duber Khwar Hydropower Project as a result.
- Kurram Hydropower Project: The budget tender and the engineering design for this dam project construction is already completed. The resulting power that is expected from this project is roundabout to 84 MW and the completion time of the Kurram Hydropower Project is in within the 48 months.
The rehabilitation projects of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) Province highways road is approved on 30 September. Some of the basic and important information about this rehabilitation and construction projects are given below, take a look and get information.
- This road construction project will rebuild of 300 km of the highways roads throughout the KPK and as well raise that capacity to strengthen of PKHA in highway safety, planning and maintenance.
- All the payment and budget expenses, planning, evaluation, monitoring and coordination arrangements are the responsibilities of Development Department of the GoKP.
- The maintenance and execution of all the district road (about to 11, 4400 km) are the responsibilities of Communication and Works Department (CWD).
- The management of 1,924 km of provincial highways is the PKHA duties and all these work is done under the control of CWD. Revenue generation and toll tax come in the duties of PKHA in order to maintain the provincial highways.
- The entire cost estimation will be produced by the PPTA consultants for each and every stage of the project.
- The rough estimation for the highways and road rehabilitation projects in Pakistan is found to be US$ 1.00 million.
- The project is said to be complete in 2020 as per saying of the Development Department of the GoKP.
Pakistan’s different distribution companies (DISCOs) has initiated the project to construct the advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) in Pakistan and this project is approved on 25 November 2015. Almost there are nine DISCOs is present in Pakistan and the construction of AMI will be place in different phases. The Rawalpindi region have been selected for AMI roll-out in the first case. When the development is done the same process is repeated in the remaining technically and commercially feasible regions or circles of the nine DISCOs.